(Email email@example.com to request a 15% OFF Promotional Code)
The Learner Bundle is comprised of:
- (20) Books
- (20) Reader Response Journals
- (2) Curriculum Development Guides
- (2) Little Flower Mesh Drawstring Backpacks
The Little Flower Different Deserves Special Club educational series is comprised of the Chapter Book, Reader Response Journal, and Curriculum Development Guide. The series is offered for purchase individually and as a Facilitator Packet or Learner Bundle.
- The Little Flower Different Deserves Special Club book is a unique repertoire of the cultural and historical experiences of a young girl growing up in the segregated south amidst the turmoil of the Civil Rights Era. The heroine, Little Flower, finds herself navigating the maze of life recognizing inequity and leading the fight for change while dealing with the struggles of young pre-teens. Issues of equality, equity, diversity, and inclusion are explored in a real-world perspective.The book is embedded with digital and interactive media via QR Codes, which can be accessed using Smart Devices with a QR Reader.
- The Reader Response Journal (RRJ) is structured to assess knowledge gained from reading the book. The RRJ elicits knowledge by posing questions that include: Vocabulary, Author’s Purpose and Perspective, Figurative, Descriptive and Idiomatic Language, Plot and Development, Relevant Supporting Details, Problem/Resolution, Cause and Effect, Text Structure and Organizational Patterns, Character Analysis and Contrast, Point of View, Sequencing/ Chronological Order, Character Description, Character’s Emotions, Conclusion and Cause, and more.
- The Curriculum Development Guide (CDG) encompasses a fully developed instructional English/Language Arts unit comprised of lesson plans, formative and summative assessments, and instructional activities aligned to the WIDA English Language Learner Standards, American School Counselor Association Mindsets and Behaviors for Student Success, Society of Health and Physical Education Health Standards, and Common Core English Language Arts Standards. Each lesson provides educators/facilitators with practical activities to facilitate instruction aligned to the curriculum standards using The Different Deserves Special Club book. The lesson plans are differentiated to provide enrichment for advanced learners as well as remediation for students who may need additional reinforcement. CDG is comprised of 18 standards-based lessons, 3,685 minutes of Instructional Time, and 225 minutes of Summative Assessment. The CDG is designed to be a one-stop resource providing comprehensive instructional activities, materials, assessments, and rubrics offering educators and organizations looking to improve student literacy with: